How to Create and Launch a Digital Magazine in 7 Steps
A digital magazine can make your business stand out from the competition and provide an engaging way to connect with customers in your niche. With so many different digital platforms available, the question isn’t whether or not you should launch a digital magazine – but how you should create and launch it to give yourself the best chance of success right off the bat. To help you get started, here are seven steps to follow when creating and launching your own digital magazine that will get you up and running within just a few weeks!
1) Choose a topic you love
If you love being creative, writing, or designing then you might be the perfect candidate for launching your own digital magazine. All it takes is passion and following these 7 simple steps.
The first step of starting your own digital magazine is identifying what your publication’s mission statement will be. What are you trying to say about the publication? Who are you trying to reach? What do they need? Do they need inspiration? Are they looking for a new hobby? Planning an event? Finding their next favorite book or TV show?
2) Plan ahead
1. Identify your niche market.
2. Find a designer to create your magazine’s logo.
3. Decide what kind of content you want to publish (articles, interviews, etc.).
4. Hire writers for the content you need.
5. Develop an online presence for your magazine (website, Facebook page, Twitter account).
3) Know your audience and competitors
Your audience is who you are creating your digital magazine for, so think about their needs, wants, and desires. Your competitors are other magazines that your audience may subscribe to or read. Understanding what they offer will help you know how you can differentiate yourself.
4) Work with experts
Take advice from the experts. Joining an online community, like Facebook groups or LinkedIn groups, will connect you with other entrepreneurs who can share their successes and failures with you. Networking with influencers is one of the best ways to get your magazine noticed. You can find out about their interests by following them on social media or subscribing to their email list so that you can see what type of content they are interested in sharing.
5) Get your community excited
You can’t create your magazine alone – your followers are the most important part of the process. Get them excited by posting teasers on social media or setting up an email list so they can be notified when the time comes. This is also a good time to start building relationships with influencers, who will help you spread the word about your new publication. Make sure you’re creating content that speaks to what people want because that’s what will get them to come back for more.
6) Promote and monetize your content effectively
1. Define the scope of your content.
2. Content should be written for your audience, not for search engine optimization purposes.
3. Use storytelling techniques to keep readers engaged.
4. Promote your content on social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, as well as on other platforms like Reddit or Quora that are frequented by people interested in your industry/topic.
7) Do it again
Launching a magazine can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. These seven steps will help you get started on the right foot.