8 Quick and Easy Steps to Setting Up Your Own Weebly Store
There’s no need to spend money on store designs or hire developers to set up your own store when you can have a fully-functional Weebly site up and running in minutes. In this post, I’ll walk you through the process of setting up your own Shopify clone using Weebly and teach you how to customize it as you see fit! It’s super easy and I’ll show you exactly what you need to do, step by step. Ready? Let’s get started!
1. Pick a Niche
It can be hard to find the right niche for your store. The best way is to pick something you are passionate about and that you know a lot about. If you are not sure what niche would be right for your store, we recommend using a tool like Google Trends or Keyword Planner. These tools will help you find out how much traffic certain keywords get, which will help determine what would be best for your store.
2. Find a Domain Name
After you have a domain name, you will need to purchase hosting for your website. You can purchase hosting from the same place where you purchased your domain name. The hosting provides space on the internet for your website. There are two types of hosting: shared hosting or dedicated hosting. Shared hosting is a service where many websites are hosted on one server and share bandwidth, whereas dedicated hosting is when one website is hosted on its own server.
3. Sign Up For an Account
If you’re not sure where to start, try signing up for a free weebly account. This will get you a site of your own so that you can customize the design and layout of the store. Once you’ve signed up, go ahead and create a new website.
4. Design Your Store
- Make sure you have a domain name and an email address.
- Design your store with the Create A Website feature in Weebly.
- Upload images of your products or add text descriptions of what they are.
- Set up your payment settings to accept credit cards, PayPal, or Stripe if you need another option for accepting payments from customers who might not be able to use credit cards or PayPal (Stripe is the best option for international customers).
5. Upload Product Images
There are a few steps you need to take before your store is ready for prime time. First, you’ll want to upload images of your products so customers have an idea of what they’re buying.
6. Write Descriptions for Each Product Section
- Create a new site on Weebly
- Upload your cover photo
- Add your blog title, tagline, and description
- Choose the layout for your site
- Click on Add pages in the left column to create your shop pages
- Fill in each page with pictures of what you have for sale (or drafts)
7. List Products, Get Approval, and Start Marketing
1) Create a free account on the Weebly website.
2) Click on Build Now in the top-right corner of the screen.
3) Choose a template from their pre-existing templates, which are all fully customizable.